Senior Software Developer - MVC, C#, AngularJS
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.30pm
Established since 2001, the Eteach Group leads the way in education recruitment, by providing a continuum of brands and services to meet the needs of today’s ever-changing education recruitment landscape.
Eteach.com and FEJobs.com are the UK’s leading online education recruitment websites for schools and further education colleges. The websites are where schools and colleges post jobs and teachers, lecturers and support staff apply for them.
With over 1.7 million registered candidates and over 1.2 million web visits each month, the group websites are an established and effective online education recruitment solution, attracting the very best staff to teaching establishments up and down the UK.
An integral part of our development team you will work on the Eteach portfolio of websites and staff management products. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest Microsoft tools & .NET technologies, including MVC, C#, AngularJS and SQL Server.
Working both independently and as part of a team in a development environment you will demonstrate best practice development skills, be articulate and proactive. You will be involved in the development of projects from specification to final implementation and post implementation support. You will be required to keep up to date with all emerging technologies and techniques.
- Commercial & In-house website application design and development to include, code, test and analysis of programs and applications. Researching, redesigning, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle.
- Preparing functional and technical specifications in collaboration with the IT development manager.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Participate in client meetings when appropriate and be able to discuss technical issues in a clear and positive way to non-technical audiences.
- Liaise with network administrators, database analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Provide guidance and support to fellow team members
- Keep fully abreast of latest thinking in all areas of web development and emerging technologies relevant to your job role
- Work in accordance with the IT Development Process
- Ability to manage your own time to ensure delivery of projects within defined timescales.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be a team player and able to work alone when required.
- A keen eye for quality and strict attention to detail.
- A flexible approach and be able to cope with several projects at any one time.
- A passion for the Web, and a desire to learn constantly and push the boundaries of web-based technologies.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
- At least 24 months programming experience in a commercial environment.
- Flexible and adaptable with regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse software-related issues and products.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Creative and innovative web and interface design
eTeach welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, religious belief, disability or sexual orientation. You must have the right to work and live in the UK.